- These terms and conditions apply to all bookings made after 01 April 2020.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
- All bookings made via Participating Websites or with Lakeside Serviced Apartment directly are made subject to these terms and conditions and the person making the booking will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all persons who will be staying at the Property under the booking once any payment is made in relation to the booking.
- Bookings may also be governed by and subject to additional terms and conditions which may relate to items such as payments, deposits and cancellations and are displayed upon booking.
- For bookings of 90 or more days you may be required to enter into a permanent rental agreement with the Property in which case you will be bound by both the permanent rental agreement and these terms except to the extent of any inconsistency in which case the former will prevail to the extent of that inconsistency.
- Some Terms and Conditions vary according to the property type or booking type which are displayed at the time of booking. You should ensure that you carefully read the terms and conditions displayed at the time of booking together with these Terms and Conditions to ensure you are aware of all of the Terms and Conditions which apply to your particular booking.
- Any prices, fees, deposit amounts or charges which are specified or referred to in these terms and conditions are in the same currency as the booking to which they relate.
- If a natural person books accommodation at the Property, the such person who is charged for the accommodation services acknowledges they are solely responsible for any damage to the property and may be requested to pay an additional amount to remedy this damage.
- If a company or other (not a natural person) books accommodation at the Property, the such company who is charged for the accommodation services acknowledges they are solely responsible for any damage to the property and may be requested to pay an additional amount to remedy this damage.
- “Booking Credit” means credit which may be applied to future accommodation bookings with Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
- “Gift Card” means a gift card that is authorised and signed by management bearing the Lakeside Serviced Apartment brand.
- “Lakeside Serviced Apartment” means the business providing the accommodation services owned by J.A.K. Wudmount Pty Ltd (ACN 084 598 701).
- “Participating Properties” means any property associated with Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
- “Participating Websites” means any third-party booking company that Lakeside Serviced Apartment has listed its services on, including but now limited to:
- AirBnb; and/or
- Agoda; and/or
- Booking.com; and/or
- “Property” means the place where the accommodation services are provided, namely, Unit 8/507 Wyndham Street, Shepparton Victoria 3630.
- “You” and “Your” means the person who is making the booking.
3. PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION
- You may be asked to provide photographic identification.
- If you are unable to provide such identification your booking may be cancelled and you may be liable to pay Lakeside Serviced Apartment an amount equal to the full booking amount plus any other costs incurred by Lakeside Serviced Apartment in connection with the booking. Accordingly, any pre-payment you have made in relation to the booking may be forfeited to Lakeside Serviced Apartment under this term.
4. HOW TO BOOK / RESERVATIONS
- Bookings can be made direct online via lakesideservicedapartment.com.au or by emailing email@example.com or via any of the Participating Websites.
- Bookings are subject to the availability and applicable pricing of the relevant Participating Property at the time of the booking and some conditions and exclusions may apply including but not limited to minimum stay requirements.
- Any quote given is an estimate only of price and the price will only be confirmed once a payment is made on the booking and you receive written advice from Lakeside Serviced Apartment that the payment has been received and the booking has been confirmed.
- Any confirmed price is subject to change if:
- a payment which is due on a booking is not received by Lakeside Serviced Apartment by the date the payment is due; or
- there is a change in or imposition of a government charge, tax or levy which entitles or necessitates Lakeside Serviced Apartment changing the price of your booking.
- any details relating to your booking are amended, for example your dates of stay, your room type or the number of persons staying under your booking, in which case clause 8 will apply.
- If the price of a booking is changed, you may pay the new price for your booking or cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
- If you reasonably believe a written confirmation or invoice which has been provided to you is incorrect, you can request that Lakeside Serviced Apartment reissue that written confirmation or invoice and you may either pay the amount specified on the reissued written confirmation or invoice by the date which it is specified as being due, or cancel your booking.
- If you make a booking via a Participating Website you can view details of your booking under the ‘My Bookings’ area once you access the Participating Website using the login details you created when you made the booking.
- Payments may be made by Visa, Mastercard or Electronic Funds Transfer (allow 2 business days transaction time).
- Payments for bookings at Participating Properties may be made using Booking Credit.
- If payment is not made for your booking by the time shown in the conditions displayed at the time of booking, then you authorise Lakeside Serviced Apartment to charge the credit card used to confirm your booking be charged for the outstanding amount of your booking.
- A non-refundable card surcharge may apply to payments made by Visa and Mastercard. Fees may apply to payments made by PayPal. The surcharge applied to these cards may vary and is displayed at the time payment for the booking is to be made. No surcharge will be applied to payment made using Electronic Funds Transder
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment accepts no responsibility for monies paid by you to a travel agency until cleared funds are received in the bank account of Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
6. DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT
- Details of a valid credit card must be entered to confirm your booking.
- Full payment must be received in accordance with the conditions for payment displayed at the time of booking (“Payment Date”). If payment is not made before the Payment Date, full payment (or the remaining portion if part payment has been made) may be charged and you authorise Lakeside Serviced Apartment to charge, the credit card entered at the time of booking.
- If any deposit or final payment is not received by the Payment Date, Lakeside Serviced Apartment reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- Once final payment of your booking has been made confirmation of that payment and your booking will be sent to you via email to the email address you provided at the time you made the booking.
7. RATES AND CHARGES
- Quoted rates are inclusive of all compulsory government or regulatory charges and taxes (for example GST) where applicable.
- Quoted rates do not include transport to or from the Participating Property or items of a personal nature.
- Some rates which are quoted are valid only for a minimum number of nights and if the number of nights included in your booking changes the rate may also change.
- Any amount paid by you to Lakeside Serviced Apartment for your booking (including deposits) shall be dealt with as stated in the conditions displayed at the time of booking and these Terms and Conditions.
- All amendments are subject to the availability and applicable pricing of the relevant Participating Property at the time the amendment is requested.
- The conditions applying to amendments for bookings will be displayed at the time of booking.
- Amendments may be requested in the following manner:
- Up to 14 days prior to your scheduled check-in time: via a Participating Website or via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the rate which applies to an amended booking is greater than the rate which applied to the original booking, you must pay the difference along with any amendment fee in full at the time the amendment is approved.
- A cancellation fee of one night’s accommodation will apply to any booking cancelled within 24 hours of arrival time.
- Any cancellation fees payable by you will be deducted from any monies paid by you to Lakeside Serviced Apartment and if insufficient funds are available, Lakeside Serviced Apartment may charge, and you authorise Lakeside Serviced Apartment to charge, the credit card the details of which you provided at the time of making your booking.
- Any surcharge applied to credit cards at the time payment for the booking is made will not be refunded.
- Any property may at their absolute discretion alter these terms and conditions for specific bookings, and rate types and advise in writing, the terms and conditions that will apply (e.g. to group bookings or for peak period reservations).
11. NO-SHOWS OR TERMINATIONS
- If you do not show up for your booking or terminate your booking early after you have checked in you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee and will be required to pay to Lakeside Serviced Apartment the full amount of your booking less any amount which you have already paid.
12. BOOKING CREDIT
- If you have been issued with Booking Credit to be applied to future accommodation or accommodation package bookings with Lakeside Serviced Apartment such credit will remain valid for twelve months from the day the booking is cancelled.
- Booking Credit may only be used to pay for bookings at Participating Properties.
- To redeem Booking Credit you must make your booking via Lakeside Serviced Apartment by emailing email@example.com
- Any stay to be fully or partly paid for using Booking Credit must be booked and paid for in full prior to the expiry of the 12 month validity period.
- Any Booking Credit not redeemed at the expiry of the 12 month validity date will be forfeited in its entirety to Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
- Administration fees may apply to bookings made using Booking Credit.
- Standard check-in time is 2:00pm but times may vary and you should confirm the check-in time prior to your scheduled check-in day.
- If you wish to guarantee your ability to check-in prior to 2:00pm you must book an additional night stay and pay the applicable rate for that additional night.
- Standard check-out time is 10:00am but times may vary and you should confirm the check-out time prior to your scheduled check-out day.
15. LATE CHECK-OUT
- If you wish to check-out later than the standard check-out time you must obtain approval from property management at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled check-out time.
- Property management may approve a request for late check-out in their absolute discretion.
- If you check-out of the property after 10:00am the following additional charges will be applied to your account and will be payable by you on check-out:
- a surcharge of $20.00 per hour for every hour after 10:00am that you fail to check-out; or
- if you check-out after 2pm a charge equivalent to the fully daily rate which applies to your booking.
16. SECURITY DEPOSITS AND EXTRA CHARGES
- You may be requested to provide a credit card authorisation when you check-in.
- The authorisation may be used to cover incidental items including but not limited to any breakages or damage incurred during your stay or cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
- The pre-authorisation process validates your credit card, and protects both the cardholder and merchant from increasing fraud incidents.
- The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the card issuer for a period of up to 14 days from the date of pre-authorisation and the pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit. For more information on this practice please contact your card issuer.
- Once a pre-authorisation has been made, Lakeside Serviced Apartment cannot release, remove or lower the authorised amount, until we process the final account on departure. This is a restriction imposed by the card issuer, and cannot be negotiated.
- Where a credit card is not available a minimum $500.00 cash deposit will be required on check-in. The actual amount required may be higher at the absolute discretion of Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
17. ROOM ALLOCATION
- In the unlikely event that Lakeside Serviced Apartment cannot provide accommodation for which you have booked, Lakeside Serviced Apartment will at no additional expense to you relocate you into an alternative property which in the reasonable opinion of Lakeside Serviced Apartment is of comparable quality and in a comparable location.
- If a property of comparable quality in a comparable location is not available, Lakeside Serviced Apartment may relocate you to a property of less comparable quality or less comparable location in which case Lakeside Serviced Apartment will pay you an amount which it reasonably believes represents the difference between the rate payable for the alternate property and the rate paid by you for the Participating Property at which you had booked.
- Should you wish to be relocated to an alternative property other than the property chosen by Lakeside Serviced Apartment under this term, you will be required to pay any difference in price between the Lakeside Serviced Apartment’s choice of property and your chosen property.
- If you and Lakeside Serviced Apartment cannot agree on an alternative property under this clause then you may request Lakeside Serviced Apartment cancel your booking and issue you with a Booking Credit for the full amount of that booking less any amounts which you owe to Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
- If you and Lakeside Serviced Apartment cannot agree on an alternative property under this clause and you do not wish to be issued a Booking Credit, then you may request that Lakeside Serviced Apartment cancel your booking and provide you with a refund for the full amount of that booking less any amounts which you owe to Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment does not provide room servicing unless you request so via writing.
- Property management may approve a request for servicing in their absolute discretion and will determine an applicable rate in their absolute discretion.
19. FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Whilst care is taken to ensure that the description of facilities and services of Lakeside Serviced Apartment is accurate, these are continually being changed, upgraded, and on occasion taken out of service and if any feature/facility is essential to you in choosing a particular property, it is your responsibility to confirm with the property prior to making your booking that the feature/facility will be available during your stay.
- To the extent permitted by law, Lakeside Serviced Apartment is not liable for omissions, errors or changes to the facilities and services at a property, whether temporary or permanent.
- Accommodation facilities listed may not apply to all room types.
20. SPECIAL REQUESTS
- Whilst Lakeside Serviced Apartment attempts to satisfy all special requests, Lakeside Serviced Apartment does not guarantee that special requests can be accommodated.
21. MAPS AND IMAGES
- Map images, if shown, are for general information and may not necessarily reflect actual routings, locations or services provided.
- Destination shots may have been supplied to Lakeside Serviced Apartment by third parties and Lakeside Serviced Apartment does not guarantee the accuracy of any destination shots.
- Photos and floor plans are indicative only. Actual rooms occupied may vary in decor and inclusions from those shown.
22. TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment strongly recommends that at the time of booking you purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover items including but not limited to: loss of booking amount through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses.
23. BOOKING CREDITS
- Booking Credits are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Booking Credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue (or any other period prescribed by Lakeside Serviced Apartment as displayed on your Booking Credit).
- Additional values cannot be added to an existing Lakeside Serviced Apartment Booking Credit.
- A surcharge may apply if Booking Credits are purchased using a credit or debit card.
- Booking Credits are to be treated like cash and if they are defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen they will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment does not accept any responsibility for lost or stolen Booking Credits.
24. UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
- All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian or other adult who has parental rights and responsibilities for the under 18 year old guest.
- If a guest is found to be a person under the age of 18 who is not accompanied by a responsible adult Lakeside Serviced Apartment may immediately cancel the guest’s booking and the full booking amount will be forfeited to Lakeside Serviced Apartment under this clause.
25. THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Third party products or services are sometimes sold together with accommodation provided by Lakeside Serviced Apartment. In such circumstances the third party is entirely responsible for supplying the products or services to you and any involvement Lakeside Serviced Apartment has in facilitating your booking with the third party is as the third party’s agent.
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment is in no way the supplier of the products and services and to the extent permitted by law Lakeside Serviced Apartment is not liable for any failure by the third party to provide the products or services, nor for any act, error, omission, default or negligence of the third party.
- All third party coupons, vouchers, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by those third parties.
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment does not warrant the accuracy of any information, statements or representations made by third parties
26. RELEASE, INDEMNITY AND PROPORTIONATE LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted by the law, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless, Lakeside Serviced Apartment and its current and former officers, employees, contractors, sub-contractors/consultants (including their respective employees and contractors) and agents against, from and in respect of all expenses, costs, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgments and losses of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to consequential and economic losses, property loss/damage and damages for injury, including personal injury and death) arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your booking or your stay at the relevant Participating Property except to the extent such expense, cost, liability, claim, action, proceeding, damage, judgment or loss arose out of, was caused by, attributable to or resulted from Lakeside Serviced Apartment’s negligence, wrongful act/omission or breach of these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law the aggregate of Lakeside Serviced Apartment’s liability to you is limited to an amount not exceeding the amount paid by you for your booking.
- Each indemnity in these terms and conditions is a continuing and independent obligation and survives the termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
27. CONSUMER LAW
- To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on Lakeside Serviced Apartment are excluded under these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law, provided that, to the extent that such law permits Lakeside Serviced Apartment to limit its liability, then Lakeside Serviced Apartment’s liability is limited to:
- in the case of services, supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
- in the case of goods, replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or payment of the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired.
28. EVENTS BEYOND CONTROL
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment is not responsible for any loss arising out of any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, acts of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
- All travel documents, observance of laws and Government regulations are your responsibility.
29. USE OF INFORMATION
- You consent and authorise Lakeside Serviced Apartment and the relevant Participating Property to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of administering your booking and providing you with any services associated with your booking.
- You consent to information which you have provided to Lakeside Serviced Apartment or the relevant Participating Property as part of your booking being used by Lakeside Serviced Apartment, the relevant Participating Property or any of their related bodies corporate for the purpose of informing you about offers and promotions which relate Lakeside Serviced Apartment.
- Lakeside Serviced Apartment will not provide or disclose any information you have provided to Lakeside Serviced Apartment or the relevant Participating Property to any person other than a related body corporate without your prior written consent.
- Upon request by you and to the extent permitted or required by law, Lakeside Serviced Apartment will provide you with access to and/or the ability to correct your personal information however only the person who made the booking will be entitled to access and/or correct personal information pertaining to that booking.
- The Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.